Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Smile! It's a Wednesday

Today was just another day. It's smack dab in the middle of the week, so nothing important ever seems to happen on Wednesdays. Wednesdays are just the basic humdrum of life. Now, let's face one very important fact: I would have been driven mad by all the Wednesdays in the world if it weren't for friends.
No matter what day it is, there's always someone who needs a little pick-me-up. Sometimes it's you, sometimes it's me, and sometimes it's that kid you see in the hall on your way to math. But no matter who it is, we are all here to help each other. If people weren't important, God would have probably given us all our own planets. But that's not the way life works. People are very important, so God put us on this earth with lots of people who would help us learn and grow.

I'll admit that I'm not the most social person. In fact, some days I feel like reading all day instead of talking to people. However, I know the importance of friends. Not too long ago, I was having a really down day. It was just a day where nothing was going right. And then, when school was over, I had to stay after school for a few hours. When I was waiting for my mom to come and get me, I got a text from a friend telling me that I had something waiting for me at home. I got home and saw what my friend had taken the time to make for me, and it just made me feel so much better. It was seriously exactly what I needed at that moment.
I would be insane without other people in my life! That goes without saying, of course, but it's true. Friends are truly a huge link to sanity, and I am so thankful for that.

No matter whose bad day it is, there is always something that you can do. Smiling is the most wonderful thing to give someone down in the dumps. We are surrounded by so many people daily, moods and attitudes tend to rub off. Smiling is simple, but highly contagious. It doesn't matter where you are or who you're with, just smile and brighten someone's day.

Wednesdays or Mondays or Fridays we are all here to smile at each other and give each other little pick-me-ups. We are the links to sanity in some other person's life, so live up to that standard.
I know Heavenly Father gives us friends for a reason. We meet the people that we meet because God intends for us to. He sees the bigger picture while we only see glimpses at a time. I know that as we trust in God, all things will be made possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment